“The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world.”
I met these two lovely ladies a year ago when we did The Clever Cookie School of Blog together and they’ve become a big part of my blogging life and also dear friends. Kirralee’s style is just fabulous and I love how she brings it to every post she does. And Sammie is such a shining light. She’s the kind of person you just want in your life, full of positivity and joy. You just feel happy being around her.
So this award is an opportunity to share a bit of bloggy love. I am required to acknowledge the blogger/s that nominated me (Thanks Sammie and Kirralee!) answer their 10 questions, nominate 10 worthy bloggers and give them 10 questions to answer. But mostly its about recognising them as the awesome bloggers they are.
So here are my answers to Kirralee’s questions –
- Where did you go on your honeymoon? Vietnam. I actually didn’t know where we were going and this was the only wedding task on the Hubby’s list. He told me what to pack and surprised me at the airport (although I did have an inkling!)
- What aspect of your blog would you like to improve? I’d love to be more cluey on the technical side of things.
- What is your most successful post on your blog to date? This one…
- What is your favourite travel-related movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
- What is your favourite form of social media to participate in? Facebook Your least? Twitter
- Did you do much travel before kids? Yes. My parents were both travellers who met in Mykonos, Greece. With an Aussie dad and an American mum the travel bug was instilled from a very young age. Where were your favourite spots? Oh gosh, so many it really is hard to pick but my top 3 would be New York, Rio DeJaniero (where we got engaged) and Barcelona. All cities which is strange given I’m a born and raised country gal.
- Did you ever plan a trip solely because a fictional movie or book was set there? We visited The Beach in Thailand mostly because Leo Decaprio had been there! ha!
- What is the best museum you have ever been to? The British Museum, where I left my man to explore more while I went shopping! (I only had the one chance so I took it!)
- What do you enjoy most in other people’s blogs or social media feeds? I love personal stories. Everyone has a story to tell in their own way and I love that about blogging!
- What’s the top three destinations or experiences on ‘your list’? 1. Well, we were planning an African adventure when I fell pregnant with baby #1 so we will definitely get there one day when the kids are older. 2. Croatia 3. and pretty much all of these on Bron from Maxabella’s list
And my answers to Sammie’s questions:
- Savoury or sweet? Sweet tooth for sure!
- My food nemesis is tofu. What’s yours? Olives.
- What’s your speciality a la maison? Hmm.. me & specialty?? Not sure I have one (I suck in the kitchen and often get reminded about that time I phoned home to ask how long to boil an egg for) but I now claim to make a pretty mean sandwich! There is an art to it you know!
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Toss up between Oysters (natural) or Avocardo’s!
- If you could have dinner with a famous person, who would it be and where would you go? Oprah because… Oprah! and we’d go somewhere for Lobster and Oysters.
- What dish would you make if you were auditioning for Masterchef? Ha, this made me laugh.. I have been in the Masterchef Kitchen but not to cook unfortunately (as a program sponsor). Somehow I don’t think anything I make would cut it in the Masterchef Kitchen, but if I were capable, I’d probably do Oysters 5 ways!
- What’s the best restaurant you’ve ever been to? Tetsuya’s
- What’s the best holiday you’ve ever had? South America in 2006 where we got engaged!
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night Owl – kids in bed, freshly brewed pot of tea or a wine, a candle burning and The Bachelor on TV and I’m one happy girl! Gosh I do wish I could become a morning person though.
- What’s one thing you would never do? Since having kids, I wouldn’t sky dive or bungee jump.
And the 10 lovely, super talented bloggers I’m nominating are:
Jess from Peachy Keen Mumma
Krissy from Pretty Wee Things
Fleur from Our Urban Box
Ashlea from Glamour Coastal Living
Shannon from Forty Up
Zoe from A Quirky Bird
Jen from Love Wednesday
Sarah – Working Mums Collective
Mumma McD from Toilets aren’t for Turtles
Jenni from Styling Curvy
And my questions for these lovely ladies should they wish to take part are:
- How did you meet your significant other?
- How do you find joy?
- Your earliest childhood memory is…?
- What’s the biggest misconception people assume about you?
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What’s your most successful blog post to date?
- Your proudest moment?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- 3 things you are, 3 things you are not?
- The best thing about blogging is… ?
I’d love learn more about you too… feel free to answer one, two or all of these questions in the comments below.
Linking up to #IBOT with Essentially Jess